Wood effect tiles are a great choice for your flooring if you are looking for the finish of wood, without the maintenance. Some benefits of wood effect tiles include:
- Hard wearing: Wood effect floor tiles are more robust than actual wood, whether they are porcelain or ceramic ones. They will not be easily damaged by heavy furniture and sharp objects such as high heels. Because of their robust design, they do not scratch or mark.
- No fading: Natural wood fades and changes colour over time, it can also be bleached by the sun. If you have lots of furniture and/or rugs this can mean that different parts of your floor lose colour over time while other parts stay darker and newer, so when it’s time for a furniture rearrange, this fading can be very noticeable and unsightly. Wood effect tiles don’t fade, so you are free to rearrange your tiles to your heart’s content.
- Open to various designs: Wood effect tiles can also be laid out to create an interesting and unique design and style. You can opt for a classic grid layout, a herringbone style or a brick-bond design, add a border, a centrepiece or customise it to your liking to match your home.
- Easy to maintain: wood effect tiles are stain-resistant and treated with a waterproof finish, these tiles are extremely easy to maintain and can be cleaned with any regular cleaning solution, you can wipe, mop, sweep, or vacuum them.
- Wood effect tiles come in a range of different colours: along with customisation in the way that you lay your tiles, you also can choose from a huge array of wood effect colours. From lighter oak to deeper mahogany, and all the rich beautiful shades in between.
Wood effect tiles are perfect if you are looking for the overall aesthetic of wood, without the maintenance requirements.